Saturday, June 16, 2007

Don't Fall Over But yep Another Entry!

I have had a busy week but now the report cards are handed out and the School Moderation for this year is over and done with! Phew! Heaps of paperwork still to do but a lot done!
I went to visit my friend last night but she wasn't doing very well. The docotr says she will need 24 hour care so IRL this means a Nursing Home. I was very upset after my visit but am going back tomorrow mornming and hoping she is feeling better.
Tonight we had a close call! MIL nearly accidently burnt the place down! Luckily the smoke detector worked and I investigated and Simon put the fire out! It was so smokey and my asthma wasn't happy but a part from a wall needing to be repainted and a burnt sofa things are OK. MIL was sitiing there in the same room totally oblivious to what was happening which is the scary part!
I so could not go down that path again..been there done that and never want to do it again nor anyone else.
I hope everyone has a great weekend and a wonderful week.
One more week until holidays..yeha!

3 comments:

Susan C said...

Sorry to hear about your friend - its really tough.

Glad that your reports are finished. This is always a time for a small celebration in our house.

Tess said...

It's sad, when the only option left is a nursing home, but they take very good care and that's what it is all about isn't it. At least your friend will be cared for as she rightly deserves to be.
I hope you have no more close calls with your MIL. very scary, I remember, my father did that one night, I went to visit him (it was just before we moved to qld) and he had fallen asleep while cooking pigs trotters (ewww)..i walked in to thick smoke, threw the pot out the door where it caught fire....and there he was, fast asleep not too far away from the stove, and he dared to go mad at me for burning his wretched dinner!!!

Soonymary said...

Oh Robyn, so sorry about your friend. Isnt it frightening how suddenly something can happen. Hope nothing else happens with your MIL.
Enjoy the holidays!
Sue